The performance review is an important part of your job as a manager or coach. But it is only a part. In order to develop team members effectively, you have to be proactive on a daily basis. This means having conversations—and not just about the weather or the game last night. Create ongoing conversations throughout the year that focus on:
• Developing team members to a higher level of ability
• Triggering the insight and inspiration within your team members to grow in new ways
• Building the skills that will enable others to accomplish their established goals
• Preparing yourself and others for the performance review discussion
• Keeping people motivated and moving forward toward the goals
Conversations for Creating Star Performers is a vital tool for keeping team members motivated, engaged, and moving ahead every day—not just the days before an annual review.