This is Bangkok like you have never seen it before. The author takes you on an architectural adventure through the bustling streets and busy canals of this regal city. Dr Bracken’s well-researched insights and his beautiful sketches will heighten your appreciation of Bangkok’s palaces, temples, monuments, pavilions, markets, public buildings and many other quaint corners.
In this revised edition of the book, existing walks have been modified to incorporate Bangkok’s continuous urban development and new walks added. Many illustrations have also been redrawn to provide a better appreciation of the building facades.
• Interesting walks through Bangkok’s man-made and natural environment.
• Hand-drawn sketches of the city’s architectural heritage
• Essential tourist tips and fascinating snippets of information
• Clear and helpful maps
• Guide to the different architectural styles and building types found in the city
• Glossary of architectural terms
• Quick reference icons that indicate highlights of each attraction throughout the book