Shanghai is China’s most cosmopolitan city and it is a fascinating blend of old and new. Visitors can find everything from charming art deco style buildings and traditional Chinese architecture to some of the world’s tallest skyscrapers. Once called the “Paris of the East”, Shanghai is once again bustling with new developments up along the Bund and in the Pudong area. The walks featured in this handy volume will enable readers to appreciate Shanghai’s heritage and have a better understanding of its built environment.
• Interesting walks through Shanghai’s built and natural environment.
• Hand-drawn sketches of the city’s architectural heritage
• Essential tourist tips and fascinating snippets of information
• Clear and helpful maps
• Guide on the architectural styles and building types found in the city
• Glossary of architectural terms
• Quick reference icons that indicate highlights of each attraction